Tuesday, December 31, 2013

New Year, Same Me

The beginning of a new year marks a time for people to decide what their goals are. For most, their goal is to lose weight or eat healthier. One phrase we hear all too much is "New Year, New You". This year, I decided to depart from the usual, and instead use the motto "New Year, Same Me". To do this, I have set three simple goals for myself.

The first is just to be myself. I've spent a lot of my life trying to fit in and be like everyone else, but the truth is, I'm not. I'm that girl that gets exited about gluten free food, new places to buy gluten free food, geeky things, and pretty much anything related to technology. That's the girl that I am, and that's the girl that the world needs to get to know.

My second goal for 2014 is to believe in myself. I've realized that I can do just about anything that I put my mind to. It doesn't matter what anyone else says. I know what I'm capable of and it's time to stop listening to what others say, and just trust in that.

Finally, my last goal is to be smarter and make better decisions. With every experience you learn what you could have done different, and sometimes, what you could have done better. I need to take that knowledge and apply it to my actions.

When I think back on the last year, I realize how many things have changed for me. I learned that with enough work and determination, I can accomplish anything. I also learned how one person can make a huge impact on others. I've set my goals for 2014, but there is one outcome that will result from these three things. That is to be happy. More than anything, that is what I hope to accomplish in the next year. 2014 is the year for me to be true to myself and happy.

Now that you know my goals for the next year, I would like to know what your New Year's resolutions are. Leave a comment below, or share with me on Facebook or Twitter.

2 comments:

Kathleen@CeliacBaby said...

They sound like great resolutions to me! My resolution is to be kinder to myself and others.

Happy New Year!

Unknown said...

Thank you. Your resolution is a great one too!