Saturday, June 4, 2011

Gluten Free Rice Krispies

There has been a lot of hype the past few months on the gluten free Rice Krispies that were to be released in June. Of course this news had the gluten free community patiently awaiting the arrival of the cereal, and still has me waiting. 






Every time I go to any store that carries cereal, I have to go look and see if it has made it to the shelves yet. When you stop and think about it, it really is funny that a person can get so excited about cereal. The truth is, it's really like a new toy to a child. Something new and different than what we have every day, and hopefully, something better than what we have had before. I'll say this about my Celiac Disease, it really has made me appreciate the little things in life. It has also made me a lot less picky about the foods I'll eat. My basic rule now is this..if it's gluten free, I'll try it. I guess that can be chalked up to one more thing the gluten free diet has done for me. 
For now, I will continue waiting patiently for the Rice Krispies to make it to stores here in my hometown. Hopefully they will make it soon.

No comments: